Meetings & Events
We are happy that you are considering the Waldhaus for your event. A celebration, an incentive, a conference: with its idyllic location amidst lakes and forests, and scintillating St. Moritz both close enough and far enough away, the Waldhaus with its powerful presence provides a special backdrop and a special atmosphere.
Make an appointment with our Event Team so that we can discuss your specific requirements – from activities to accommodations for your guests and the menu.
The Waldhaus offers four well-appointed conference rooms, ranging from 25 to 70m². For larger groups or events, we have the “Sunny Corner” with 90m² or the “Wedding Room” with 160m².
Our own chapel is available for church services and ceremonies. It can hold up to 60 people and is equipped with a small pipe organ.
A flip chart and a pin board are furnished in each conference room. The following equipment is also available
Included in the daily flat rate
TV, DVD player, video player S-VHS, overhead projector, moderator case, screen, slide projector, Internet access, Business Corner
Not included in the daily flat rate
- Beamer CHF 150 per day
- Microphone system, price depending on requirements
- Sound system, price depending on requirements
Sound system, price depending on requirements
Telephone and Internet
Direct dial for incoming and outgoing calls. Telephone rates far below customary “five-star” average. High-speed Internet access (W-LAN) for your PC/notebook in every room. Computer room (Business Center) with hotel PCs with Internet access. Free Wireless-LAN throughout the hotel.
Do you prefer to use your cell phone? Go ahead! But, please, NOT in the historic lounges, restaurants, bar or library. Just in case, two mobile phone booths are available in the corridor near the great lounge.
We are honored that you are considering the Waldhaus for your wedding. Such a special day merits all of your care and all of ours. From flower arrangements to music, from professional photographer to the wedding cake: we are happy to help with the planning and have the right contacts at hand.
Set up an appointment with our Event Team, so that we can discuss your individual needs.
In love, the greatest happiness is to find peace in another’s heart.
The Waldhaus and the immediate surroundings of Sils Maria offer a wide variety of summer and winter activities for groups that appeal to all the senses, including culinary treats and musical pleasures.
Here are a few ideas!
- Carriage ride to the Fex Valley (little church with 15th century frescos) and “pit stop” with Graubünden or Italian specialties
- Walks and hikes from Sils to Grevasalvas, Fedoz, Isola, Chasté, Maloja, to Lake Cavloc and many other places. We will be happy to advise you.
- Various other short and long hikes (“Höhenweg” trail Alp Languard-Muottas Muragl, Roseg Valley, Furtschellas-Corvatsch)
- Boat trip on Lake Sils with a stop in Isola (with a goat-cheese tasting) or in Maloja (castle ruin and moulins)
- Lunch on Furtschellas combined with enticing mountain hikes
- Relaxing evening at “Chüdera”, the mountain restaurant at the top of the Furtschellas cable car, with a special menu and folk music
- Trip with a chartered Swiss Post bus to the Swiss National Park, with a meal at the romantic “Hotel Parc Naziunal”
- A visit to the Swiss National Park Museum in Zernez
- Crossing a mountain pass by train (Bernina) or by post bus
- Maloja Pass–Val Bregaglia–Soglio (Palazzo Salis)
- Bernina Pass Val Poschiavo (historic Albrici Hotel in Poschiavo)
- Ofen Pass Merano, returning via the Reschen Pass–Val Poschiavo–Bernina (culture & gastronomy)
Excursion to Chiavenna (visit the Palazzo Vertemate) with lunch in a typical grotto
- Horse-drawn carriage rides in the Fex or Roseg Valley
- Sledding fun on the special 5-km run from Preda to Bergün
- Moonlight run with sleds or skis
- On foot or on cross-country skis across frozen Lake Sils with a stop in Isola for a glass of mulled wine, punch or a rustic Bregaglia specialty
- Evening walk in an unforgettable winter setting to Alp Prasüra, a restaurant in a barn serving culinary delights from the region
- In-house hotel museum (guided visits only)
- Nietzsche House in Sils
- Robbi Museum in Sils
- Segantini and Engadine Museum in St. Moritz
- Museum Alpin in Pontresina
- Cultural archive in Samedan
Entertainment – culinary
- On Thursdays “Dîner de gala” by candlelight and with live music
- Nightly in the Arvenstube: Graubünden and other regional specialties; changing spécialités du marché, refined fish dishes and other tasty “à la carte” dishes
- Tuesdays “chefs to the fore” – a very special buffet
- In summer lunch outdoors, weather permitting
- Cooking and wine seminars
Entertainment – music
- Daily from 4 to 6 p.m. light classical music for coffee and cake in the great lounge or out-of-doors with our Waldhaus trio
- Every evening dancing and popular music in the bar
- Weekly classical concerts at the village church and sometimes at the Waldhaus
Do you need the right musicians for your gala evening? Are you looking for a solo entertainer for your family party? We will be happy to provide a list of professional performers.