Sils Maria is 10km southwest of St. Moritz in the Swiss canton of Graubünden.
Arriving by car
- via Zurich–Chur–Julier Pass in 3 hours
- Alternate route to avoid the pass: at Landquart, just before Chur, turn left in the direction of Klosters and the Vereina Tunnel. There Vereina car ferry/Rhaetian Railway, Tel. +41 81 288 37 37. After the tunnel, it is about 55km to Sils. From Zurich approx. 3½ hours.
By car from Italy/ Ticino
- Milan–Lecco–Chiavenna–Maloja Pass (Milan-Sils Maria approx. 2 ½ hrs.)
Lugano–Menaggio–Chiavenna–Maloja Pass (Lugano-Sils Maria approx. 2 ½ hrs.) or Bellinzona–San Bernardino–Thusis–Julier Pass
Arriving by train from Zurich
- Throughout the day and until 8.30 p.m. hourly trains between Zurich main station and St. Moritz, travel time 3½ to 4 hours.
- Usually change trains in Chur => Albula (for some trains in Landquart => Klosters/Vereina)
- Dining car Chur-St.Moritz, dining car, return to a bygone era.
The Rhaetian Railway (RhB) Albula line Chur–St. Moritz is one of the most scenic and technologically most interesting lines in Europe. In 2008, the RhB’s Albula and Bernina lines received UNESCO World Heritage recognition.
More information: Rhaetian Railway RhB
Arriving by train and bus from Ticino
- Swiss post bus Lugano–St. Moritz (stops in Sils), daily in summer, weekends only in winter. Or Swiss post bus Bellinzona–Thusis, train Thusis–St. Moritz.
From Italy, by train
- 3½ hrs. by car, 4 hrs. by train.
- Engadine St. Moritz Express: charter bus direct from Zurich Airport to Sils – no need to transfer. Must be reserved in advance. More information
Milano-Malpensa MXP, Milano-Linate LIN, Bergamo Orio BGY:
- By public transportation: Milano–Tirano (www.trenitalia.it), then Tirano–St. Moritz (www.sbb.ch) or train Milano–Chiavenna change in Colico, Swiss postbus Chiavenna–Sils
Samedan/St. Moritz SMV:
- no scheduled carrier, no instrument landing facilities (=> only if weather is fine).
Door-to-door luggage service for Switzerland. Use this service for carefree travel to Sils. The Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) pick up your luggage at home in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and bring it directly to your hotel.
Contact SBB no later than by noon one day before you would like your luggage to be picked up. Place your door-to-door order online, at staffed ticket offices or by phone 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. Swiss landline phone). More information