111 years – the world of yesterday – the world of today
The Waldhaus is celebrating its 111th anniversary. Following an eventful and festive summer, we will continue celebrating this winter with further cultural and culinary gems. We have put together a richly varied program, including some anniversary specialties.
Here are some highlights from our anniversary events:
- 14. Grand advent ball with the Charly Fuchs Band.
- 27. Whisky tasting. Six special Scottish single malts, which together have spent 111 years in the barrel.
- 31. Grand New Year’s Eve celebration / The Waldhaus celebrates its 111th anniversary and the start of the new year with glitz and glamor.
- 18. Sils nostalgia ski race / Great fun for guests and locals. With wooden skis, of course!
- 30. Table d’hôte / Culinary summit with legendary chef Anton Mosimann. Moderator: Andrin C. Willi.
- 25. Table d’hôte / A musical and culinary evening with Domenic Janett and Rudolf Lutz.
- March 16–20. Keller in the cellar / Various wine events, including a table d’hôte on “champagne”.
Chef’s table – anniversary edition (most Mondays)
Our kitchen and cellar throw open their doors. In an exclusive setting with maximum 12 participants, you will take your place in the midst of the action, while dinner is prepared. To mark our anniversary, we combed through our archives and brought out some old recipes. Enjoy a new take on a fine dinner from days gone by.
111 years - anniversary package
Find out more about our anniversary package!
111 years - our "111" gifts to you
For our anniversary, Urs Kienberger has updated the Waldhaus history. The book includes conversations with eye witnesses by Andrin C. Willi and photos by Stefan Pielow (Scheidegger & Spiess, Zurich, commercially distributed in the UK by ACC Art Books, in North America, Latin America, Asia and Australia/ NZ by The University of Chicago Press). If you stay with us this winter, you will receive a free copy.